It has been over 2 years in development but my 2nd book is finally published. "From the Crucifix to the Cross" recounts my spiritual journey that started with my birth in New York City into the Catholic faith. It records my trials as I tried to navigate through the web of legalism. And how I came to accept Jesus as my Savior and Lord and to a personal relationship with the Living God.

From the Crucifix to the Cross: One Man's Journey from Religion to Relationship

I had started work on the book over 2 years ago. I was encouraged by many fellow believers who had friends and relatives who are still in the Catholic religion. But ministry and home improvement projects kept pushing it out.

It is humbling to review all that the Lord has done for you.

In preparation for being baptized this past June, I reviewed some of my notes for the book (to work on my testimony) and became focused on completing the project.

Although I have written hundreds of pages for the book, I eventually trimmed it down to 28 pages with another 30 pages of apologetics that addresses Catholic doctrine and common misconceptions about being a Christian. I have given the book to some good friends and the feedback that I've received so far has been quite generous. One person was so moved by the book that he wants to use it in an evangelistic outreach to Catholics.

If this book helps just one person break the bonds of legalism and come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, it will all be worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment