Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Season has officially started

It's official! The Christmas holiday season has begun. For some it is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. For others, it is when they put up their tree. For me it is the ritualistic unboxing of my vintage ornaments.

gathering of vintage ornaments
It isn't Christmas without the "Merry Christmas" weiner dog!

Here they are. The plaster figurines of Mary and Joseph, cast metal Santa Claus on skis, and the pinecone elves are well over 60 yrs old. They have been handed down from my grandparents, to my parents, to me. I received the "Merry Christmas" weiner dog as a gift at the IBM Christmas party that my aunt took me to when I was 4 yrs old. The felt cloth Santa, flocked green bell, and flocked red guitar are survivors of my mom's visits to Tolan's bargain store back in Bensonhurst in the early 70's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment