Snack maker Frito-Lay's spokesman Jay Leno said in one ad campaign for Doritos, "crunch all you want, we'll make more." in a satirical appeal to those Dorito fans who might not eat as many Dorito chips as they want because of a fear that they would "run out". Jay reassured us that Frito-Lay can keep up with the demand.

Almighty God is eternal. He always was, is, and will be. There was never a moment when He did not exist. If time is the "yardstick" to measure the change in state of matter, then God created time at the moment that He created the Universe (and everything in it). The creator is greater than the creation. God is greater than time and is not constrained by time.

"Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God." (NKJV, Psa 90:2)

Back in the day, I was told by my instructors in the School of Ministry that I need to guard my time. That there will be situations when I will have to say "no" to an opportunity. Although I didn't particularly agree, I could see the practicality of that advice.

But in my own experiences, I have seen something different. Every time that I've stepped forward in faith to do something from a heart of love for the Lord and His people regardless of how much/little time I have, He has blessed it and supernaturally made "more time"....every time.

Mother's Day was just the latest example. My typical Sunday routine is to return home from church services, change into a comfortable t-shirt and slacks, check e-mail, eat a quick lunch, and retire to the guest room to pray, study, and prepare the pulpit curriculum small group study notes for the week. 4 hours later at around 6pm I would emerge and kick back for a few hours.

But this Sunday, Mother's Day Sunday, I was faced with a dilemma.... do I take my dear wife out for a leisurely lunch (and delay my study and preparation by 3+ hours) or do I just go straight into study and prep? After all, Eva is wonderfully understanding and supportive of my ministry... and we DON'T need a special day to do something special together.

I decided to honor the Lord by honoring my wife. We had a great lunch. We enjoyed our time together (as we always do). I ended up starting my studying 3 hours later than I usually would. I was fighting off that drowsiness that follows a good meal. The odds were stacked against me getting everything done by a reasonable time. But the Lord came through as He always does... and in a little over 2 hours I had the study completed, finishing only about 1/2 hour later than I usually finish.

I share this not to show how great of a husband or servant that I am, but to show how awesome and faithful our God is to those who trust in Him and do things from a heart that desires to honor Him. Hopefully this will be encouragement to those who are holding back and are hesitant to step up and serve Him out of fear that there just isn't enough time. So to paraphrase Jay Leno, "serve all you want, He'll make more (time)."

0 comments:

Post a Comment