Thursday, April 30, 2009

Harvest U Reflections

I've just returned from attending Harvest University 2009 and wanted to capture my thoughts about it before the routine of life comes flooding back in....

Harvest University is an annual 3 day conference held at the main Harvest Bible Chapel campus in Elgin, Il. It is an opportunity for pastors and leaders of HBC churches from around the world to gather together to catch up with fellow servants, make connections, exchange ideas and stories, and get some practical instruction on the various elements of the HBC ministry. 15 different tracks of emphasis, of 10 sessions each, spread over 2 days.

I had the privilege of attending Harvest U this year for the first time. The conference started with a reception and a teaching by Pastor James MacDonald who laid it down as only he can. I didn't exactly know what to expect but I jumped across various tracks over the 2 days... Elder topics, Adult ministry, and Biblical Counseling tracks had me hopping on both days. Thankfully I didn't end up on the wrong side of the tracks.

There are far too many thoughts to post here on how my experiences at Harvest U impacted me, but to be surrounded by over 600 fellow leaders who adhere to the same doctrines, and approach ministry in the same way was encouraging and insightful. It was like an extended family reunion. The Lord is doing something very special with Harvest and I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a part of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment